Common Features & Technology as the EOS R5
Canon’s 45MP full-frame CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K60 RAW cinematic video shooting.
- Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects
- With 1053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face, and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face, or eyes of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF
- For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles
- Connectivity like 5 and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also included for the transfer of still images
Video Control for the Dedicated Video Professional
As soon as the EOS R5 C’s main switch is moved to the “video” position, the familiar Cinema EOS menu system and interface take over. Expected high-level video features such as waveform monitors, video codec options, and extensive audio control become available, greatly expanding the EOS R5 C’s video potential for the experienced camera operator or video content creator. During “photo” operation, menus are nearly the same as they are on the EOS R5 camera.
Ergonomic EOS Design
The EOS R5 C camera’s body design is incredibly compact and lightweight. When paired with a Canon RF lens (or EF lens using the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R), it offers outstanding performance that fits easily and comfortably in your hand, making handheld shooting a breeze whether shooting video or still images. Its electronic viewfinder is optically extended, for eye-level viewing similar to the conventional EOS R5 camera, and it uses the same ergonomic grip design.