Our Ultra Encode family of universal live media encoders offers systems integrators, streaming professionals, and OEM partners a flexible and affordable encoding solution for applications including live streaming, AV over IP, remote contribution, IP production workflows and much more. Available in HDMI and SDI models, Ultra Encode supports high-quality H.264, H.265 (HEVC) and NDI®|HX encoding and multiple streaming protocols with wired or wireless network connectivity.
Ultra Encode supports live streaming in protocols including RTMP, RTMPS, HLS and more at bitrates up to 16Mbps, with configurable presets for easy streaming to Facebook, Twitch and YouTube. Some protocols can be streamed to multiple destinations simultaneously, with separate encoding parameters for each stream.
Production, Contribution & Monitoring
In addition to mainstream streaming protocols, Ultra Encode supports NewTek’s NDI®|HX technology for IP production workflows and the Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) protocol (developed and open-sourced by Haivision) for robust delivery of H.264/H.265 streams over unpredictable networks such as the Internet. The encoder can be camera-mounted for easy remote contribution, while bandwidth-efficient NDI®|HX streams can be sent over wireless networks to multiple receivers, simplifying on-site production and monitoring workflows.
AV over IP
Ultra Encode can be combined with our Pro Convert decoders to form flexible AV over IP infrastructures leveraging NDI®|HX technology. The devices can be configured and controlled through an intuitive Web GUI or HTTP-based APIs, providing systems integrators with exceptional deployment and integration flexibility.
- Support for up to 4096×2160 4:4:4/4:2:2 30fps or 4096×2160 4:2:0 60fps input and loop through signals
- Support for 48KHz, 16-bit 8-channel audio streams
- Input audio from 3.5 mm LINE IN
- Dual stream encoding profiles: main stream (Max bitrate: 16Mbps) and sub stream (Max bitrate: 2Mbps)
- Support for H.264/HEVC video encoding
- Encoding 2-channel AAC at 48kHz, 16-bit
- Natively support streaming to Facebook, Twitch and YouTube
- Supported streaming protocols: RTSP/RTMP/RTMPS/SRT Caller/SRT Listener/NDI|HX2/HLS (push)/TS over UDP/TS over RTP
- Allow streaming to multiple destinations simultaneously (select protocols)
- Internet connectivity via wired Ethernet and wireless network
- Control via intuitive Web GUI or HTTP APIs