Tiffen’s Black Pearlescent filters aid cinematographers in taking the edge off the image from modern digital lenses and cameras, especially with 4K acquisition sensors – specifically in mind to enhance the natural beauty of talent. Black Pearlescent filters add a slightly reduced halo effect on spectacular highlights, and gently softening the overall image with a smooth glow. Today’s increased in-camera sharpness and contrast can sometimes show intense detail, and it’s here where the Black Pearlescent filter’s look comes into its own.
- Creates a special “atmosphere” by softening excess sharpness and lowering of contrast
- Generates a reduced pearlescent halo around highlights
- Lighter grades help tone down the excessive sharpness and contrast
- Maintains apparent focus
- Often used to mute colors for exquisite pastel tones
- Made from water white glass