Samyang’s Xeen Lens for Micro Four Thirds Mount is built specifically for use as a cinema lens, and is not a modified Still Lens. It features an internal focus design so that the lens does not change size while focusing, minimizing breathing. Each lens in the Rokinon Xeen cinema lens set is multi-coated for good contrast, glare prevention, and color matched to a factory standard, allowing you to assemble a set over time with minimal color shift. This 85mm focal length is often chosen for portraits and close-ups. The lens features dual sided focus scales in feet, with dual sided iris scales. The 11-bladed iris provides a rounded aperture for a natural looking highlights and Bokeh.
The lens is a manual focus and iris lens, and does not have auto focus or auto iris capability. It incorporates cinema-style focus and iris gears that share the same position across the lenses in the Xeen set. The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes when using a matte box and focus accessories. The focus ring rotates 200° from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision and consistent focus.
- This is an 85mm lens that has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. It has the effect of bringing the background closer, and is often used for portraits and close-ups. When used on a camera with a four-thirds sensor as opposed to a full-frame sensor the lens becomes more suited for extreme close-ups.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production, and it incorporates a support that can help take strain off your camera’s lens port.
- Dual calibrated right and left side focus and T-stop scales allow your focus puller to work from either side of the lens, without having to flip the lens in the mount.
- Each lens in the Xeen series share common focus and iris gear ring positions, which speeds up lens changes as accessories such as follow focus units or iris motors don’t have to be re-positioned.
- The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don’t have to swap out anti-reflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- “Clickless” aperture ring for smooth iris pulls.
- A minimum focusing distance of 3′ 9″ allows you to get up close to your subject.