The Samyang XEEN CF series of cutting-edge full-frame cinema lenses in carbon fiber for modern filmmakers is now complete with the two new lenses XEEN CF 16mm T2.6 and 35mm T1.5.
XEEN CF was first introduced in late 2019 with a line-up of 24, 50 and 85 mm T1.5 lenses. CF stands for “Carbon Fiber” and “Compact and Flexible”, which highlights the compact size and the versatility of the lenses. The XEEN CF serie has just been awarded by prestigious iF Design Award 2020 for its excellent compact lightweight design maximizing usability.
The new XEEN CF lenses are approximately 20% lighter than their former precursors, which makes them easy to use in gimbals and drones that require compact and lightweight lenses. The lenses are designed for 8K resolution and cover large format sensors up to 43,3mm image circle.
They provide smooth, soft and dreamy bokeh when wide open and become crystal sharp when stopped down. Thanks to the unique X-coating technology, internal light reflections are effectively controlled to create a distinctive look and dramatic effects.
The lenses come in three different mounts for Canon EF, Sony E and PL.
- Bright T1.5 and T2.6 apertures enable filming in low-light situations and give full control over feeling of depth.
- Compatible with large image sensors up to 43.3mm image circle.
- X-coating provides distinctive look by controlling internal reflection and produces dramatic images.
- 11 aperture blades create beautiful, circular bokeh.
- Carbon fiber in lens barrel delivers light weight and durability.
- Standard Ø95mm front size is fully compatible with matte boxes.
- Available in Canon EF, Sony E and PL mount.
- Luminous paint used for model and distance markings allows effortless use, even in extremely low-light environments.
- Focus and aperture ring locations uniform across all models, with improved gear design and weighting for smooth rotation.
- Consistent 200-degree wide angle of rotation enables fine focus adjustment.